Top finishers of the 2016 Hawaiian Airlines Liberty Challenge win the opportunity to compete at two of the biggest races in Hawaii – Na Wahine O Ke Kai and Moloka’i Hoe – courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines!
2016 Prize Structure
|1st Place Overall in Spec Canoe Division*||(10) Roundtrip Coach Class flights and entry waiver to compete in the 2016 Na Wahine O Ke Kai**||(9) Roundtrip Coach Class flights and entry waiver to compete in the 2016 Moloka’i Hoe**||N/A|
*Eligibility is subject to Hawaiian Airlines Liberty Challenge and East Coast Outrigger Racing Association (ECORA) Point Series race rules. Unlimited Class canoes are ineligible. Membership in ECORA is not required.
- Prizes are for Roundtrip Coach Class Tickets from any Hawaiian Airlines Gateway City to Honolulu for the winning crews to compete in the 2016 Moloka’i races held in September and October in Hawaii.
- Winning crews are responsible for travel to a Hawaiian Airlines North American gateway.
- Prize winners are responsible for any additional costs and arrangements, including hotel, canoe shipping fees, ground transfers, escort boats, canoe rental, and transportation to race start.
- Interisland airfare to Molokai is not included, except for winning crews from Hawaii where the interisland flight is redemption of the prize.
- Crews who fail to enter the race automatically forfeit the tickets.
- All tickets must be used by the crew members who will enter the race.
- All tickets must be booked by July 31, 2016; we suggest booking your tickets as soon as possible to avoid sold out flights.
- Once flights are booked you will not be able to makes changes. Modified flights will incur a $150 change fee, plus any fare difference.
- Tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, non-upgradeable. Prize is not redeemable for cash.
- Tickets must be booked through a designated Hawaiian Airlines representative.
- Prize redemption is subject to review and verification.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Mixed teams eligible for the Prize?
No. The Na Wahine O Ke Kai and Moloka’i Hoe races do not permit mixed gender teams.
2. Are Unlimited teams eligible for the Prize?
Unlimited teams (i.e. teams racing in canoes that do not meet ECORA spec canoe requirements) are not eligible for the Prize.
3. I am a member of the winning team but I cannot compete at the designated race in 2016. May I redeem an individual Prize instead?
No. Prizes may only be redeemed for the winning crews to compete in the 2016 Moloka’i races as the official 2016 Hawaiian Airlines Liberty Challenge winning teams.
4. What is the value of the Prizes?
The value of the Prizes varies. Example valuations are as follows. For a full list of qualifying departure cities, please visit HawaiianAirlines.com or speak to your Hawaiian Airlines representative.
|Example Departure||Prices Valued At:|
|New York, New York||$12,000+|
|Big Island, Hawaii||$6,000+|
|Europe||$12,000+ (based on NYC Departure)|